Skip to content
- 1991-1993: After doing his MBA, turning 40 and joining Toastmasters, Gerrit Cloete – founder of Productivity Pit Stop – quits the corporate environment and begins his quest to increase his own productivity and also help other who have the same desire. His first company was Winning Perspectives, a distributor for leadership development programmes of Success Motivation International.
- 1993 – 1999: After reading “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” , Gerrit joins the South African Licensee for the Covey Leadership Center (now the FranklinCovey Company). He facilitates all the “Covey” workshops: 7 Habits, First Things First, 4 Roles of Leadership, What Matters Most. Had the privilege of meeting Stephen R. Covey a few times. Became Director of the company before leaving in 1999.
- 1999 – 2006: After the great time at Covey, it was time to explore again, and after reading “Paradoxical Thinking: How to Profit From Your Contradictions”, Gerrit worked with its author Jerry Fletcher till Jerry’s untimely death in 2006.
- 2001 – current: Triggered by the great book “Getting Things Done® – The Art of Stress-Free Productivity” by author David Allen (I suggest you get your own copy here), Gerrit allowed various thought leaders to lead his thinking about what individual and team productivity is really about. This still includes the brilliance of the late Dr. Stephen R. Covey (The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, First Things First, Principle Centered Leadership),David Allen, Barbara Hemphill, Carl Honore (“In Praise of SLOW“), Charles Duhigg (The Power of Habit), Peter Bregman (18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done), The Courage To Be Disliked: How to free yourself, change your life and achieve real happiness (Ichiro Kishimi, Fumitake Koga) and many others. As time goes by, Gerrit keeps finding and fine-tuning his “voice”. He has led five groups of people all over South Africa through his virtual “Productivity Mastery Programme” over a period of 3 years, works with people individually in their offices and virtually to help them create systems to increase personal productivity, created workshops like Outlook Productivity, Slow Down To Speed Up, How to Create and Sustain a Productive Work/Life Balance, Productivity Breakthrough and has recently, based on what he has learned from clients, created a unique framework “Productivity Breakthrough: 8 Work Habits to Rapidly and Sustainably Increase Productivity” for application in workshops and individual work.
- NOTE: Gerrit has not been trained by, nor is he or his business Productivity Pit Stop associated or affiliated with the David Allen Company (The Getting Things Done® experts) or any of the other above-mentioned authors’ companies. His current work and thinking reflects his experience with the GTD® material, and that of the other books mentioned. Also note that Getting Things Done® and GTD® are registered trademarks of the David Allen Company and that neither Gerrit or Productivity Pit Stop is affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the David Allen Company.